A treat

rzbill

The cheapest thing in an airplane is the pilot.
Registered
I went to visit a vendor that is making some equipment for my employer. It was a visual treat. I don't think it is fair to the vendor to talk in much detail or show pictures but please try to imagine a company that makes big equipment starting with raw high performance steels for accurate components plus castings for big gearboxes and frame members. They were very vertically oriented. Raw material all the way to finished machines.

One slick part was looking at the custom lathe equipment with names of the past like Giddings and Lewis plus some BIG high precision slant beds with multiple powered tooling carriages. Making parts with ~mirror finishes. They did have a tool post grinder that had what looked like a 2 or 3 foot diameter grinding wheel on it. Whew!

Sorry I can't share much more but I was in such heaven I had to say something to folks that would appreciate it.

Sounds like my kind of factory, Instead of some of the boring production factories with large boxes where one can not see what is happeningwith equally "trendy , boring guys " with posh suits and a supercilios attitude.

Back