A tool GLOAT?

Just goes to show that if you know what you are doing, you can do more with less.
You don't have to have all the bells and whistles to be able to produce good work.

Remember that "newbies".... :tiphat:

Awesome video. Very humbling. A chess set has always been on my to do list. Ever since I made the chess board in grade 8 shop class. I hope mine will turn out half as good.

Tony,

Are you going with wood, metal or "other"?
I think doing a set in Delrin (black & white) would be pretty cool.

I've seen pics of some incredible pieces done in brass & stainless. It would cost me a fortune in "do-overs" though..... :grin:

I don't normally click on external links but I'm sure glad i did on this one :thumbzup:

The skills that many possess who have less is amazing and this is a prime example :worship:

Willie

I would probably go with brass & steel. I'd want something with a little weight behind it. Thinking about it the Pawn would probably be the most challenging. Making 16 identical pieces would take some planning on my part.

Tony

That man has the most talented feet I have ever seen at work.

But seriously that is really neat thanks for sharing the video.

You're gonna need a really strong stick, string and toe, to push a form tool that big :biggrin:

That's a good point Rick. What WAS I thinking? :footinmouth:

One of the things that amazed me was how he was cutting on both the forward and reverse strokes. :cool:

Back