A Sticky Problem Solved

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Problem: Sea gulls crapping all over the end of my dock. Solution: $89.00 Crossman pellet gun. I avoid hitting any, but it scares the hell out of them. Fun too!

Attachments

• birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
I have a similar problem ,but it's the local geese. The dock is in the city so even a pellet gun would have me in trouble. I have been looking at a motion activated sprinkler. A friend had luck with one over his koi pond to chase off the egrets. Still need to figure out a good way to turn it off when approaching by boat.

I’m more a fan of airsoft as if you do hit them they aren’t injured, but they get the “point”. :)

In the early morning and late evening, a laser pointer does great. In full daylight they can't see it. I have tried a sprinkler. It worked, but took 150 feet of hose, which was a pain.

Tinker time...

Sun shines.

End of dock, lots of water...

Get some solar panels and batteries.

Figure out how to make a motion switch, maybe use existing solar yard light and make add a transistor from the led panel to fire a relay.

Plenty of solar power pond pumps.

A combination of parts could make a solar powered pump that pumps Lake water when bird lands.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

A good way is one of those laser disco balls. We have a lake house and on the common beach area the association has two of those running 24/7. About a 300’ area of grass and sand beach no geese Or their poop. Years prior they had those fake coyote decoys which seemed to work okay. Maybe be not since they upgraded??

Back