A Project Quest

Andre, they are just a picture to show the profile. The ones we are getting are designed for our usage. No modification is necessary. The ones I am getting can carry a 400 lb. load.

"Bill"

Last edited by a moderator:
QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED BY ALL PLEASE

What is the largest piece in height (thickness) would you think we would grind at home? I want to finalize the upright frame prints this weekend. I need to figure their height. I will average all the inputs by all of you and go with the average. Thank you.

"Bill"

Consider a setup where you are using a sine-vice with a somewhat tall part in it. Most grinders have a height capacity that is roughly equal to the x axis travel. Most times I am grinding stuff that is <4 inches tall, but it's nice to have the capacity if you need it. So I guess on that grinder I would want at least 10 inches above the chuck.

Largest piece I would grind would be something in my square to square up. So I would say 6" - 8" should be ok. but more is always good.

I can't imagine grinding something that is 8" above the magnet/chuck. Not on a hand operated hobby grinder. Given a sine bar and work on it, maybe 5 ", over the magnet.

But how about this, T-slots in the base for securing work, instead of the magnet, for 'odd shaped' work? Just planning ahead.

the sine table or even some other fixture is a very good point IMHO. Not enough real world experience to suggest a height though.

Bearings are in the mail Mark. Maybe Monday. T# 9500 1213 0342 6133 0000 23

"Bill"

Bill the post looks fine but the bright light glare kills most of the picture. Not sure if it was a light behind you or a flash.
But that is what is being built Nice. That might fit in my shop,

Back