A person to help wire VFD to bridgeport

bobdog

Registered
Registered
Looking for somebody to help me wire or have a Bridgeport . I can look at near Cleveland Ohio. So I can wire my Bridgeport up with 3 phase motor over too Single Phase Power. Not good at wiring. Thanks

You should be able to hire most any local electrician.

The wiring is the easy part. It's programming that's the *****. I doubt that the average electrician can program it. He needs someone who has done it before, because it's not intuitive. Good luck Bobdog. You can do it. Just read the manual several times and keep asking questions. There are dozens of threads on wiring a VFD. Some of them you will find me asking questions. ;)

Randy

The wiring is the easy part. It's programming that's the *****. I doubt that the average electrician can program it. He needs someone who has done it before, because it's not intuitive. Good luck Bobdog. You can do it. Just read the manual several times and keep asking questions. There are dozens of threads on wiring a VFD. Some of them you will find me asking questions. ;)

Randy

It’s gonna take a controls or an automation electrician double check before you let them send ol billy bob out. If you go with the automation direct drive it’s basically 8 wires not counting the grounds. The 2 220 wires feeding the drive, 3 to to motor and 3 to the rotary switch (common forward and reverse)

Bobdog: Do you have the VFD now or are you planning on buying one?
Mark S.

What is the Hp of your BP and what do you want for controls. In most cases for something like a Teco, Lenze or Automation Direct VFD for a mill there should be no programming needed if the VFD is sized the same as the motor Hp. Assume 4P 1750 RPM 3 phase motor which is the usual VFD default. Most can be purchased with remote panels with a simple plug cable, so you can have speed, direction and start/stop at the head of the mill. Power into the VFD can be a cord with a plug that goes intor a wall socket, and power to the motor is 3 wires plus a ground. There are also VFDs that come with a main power disconnect switch built into the VFD, but this usually costs `$100 more than the standard model. There are numerous postings specific to the adding a simple VFD to a BP mill, you do not need to over think it. Alternative is a plug and play RPC if you already have a variable speed head. An electrician can easily check your power connections if you are uncomfortable.

Thats for all the help found somebody to help me

In case that fails just look for tutorials on YT

Back