A little rant to make me feel better

My great aunt drank about 3/4 to a gallon of G&Ts, everyday for about 50 years (big glass jug in the fridge). When I was about 10, I asked her why, she explained that the tonic mixer contain quinine, meaning she would never get malaria. She lived in central New York state, never traveling (according to her) 150 miles from where she was born. She lived to be 93, never married, wrote trashy romance novels for a living, averaged about 4-5 packs of Pall Malls a day and finally died from a blood clot from a surgery after she was in an auto accident. True to her words, she never got malaria.

On a different forum that is important to me a gentleman has a message in his signature that goes something like this:

"I'm not saying we should kill the idiots, just remove all the warning labels and let nature take its course"

I chuckle every time I think about it.

On a different forum that is important to me a gentleman has a message in his signature that goes something like this:

"I'm not saying we should kill the idiots, just remove all the warning labels and let nature take its course"

I chuckle every time I think about it.
Me too, but I agree with it.

When you think about it, modern social practices are are contrary to Darwin's survival of the fittest. By creating laws to protect us from ourselves, we become less capable of self protection. Should an apocalyptic event ever happen, how many would have the physical ability and basic skills to survive?

Always funny....

Wet paint sign indicates wet paint and one should not touch.

Want to collect a bunch of fingerprints....?

Place a wet paint sign on anything and people will touch it to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Di- hydrogen monoxide is one of the worst things.

Every one that has any exposure to it dies at some point.

Di- hydrogen monoxide is one of the worst things.

Every one that has any exposure to it dies at some point.

And, it contains water! :beer:

Unfortunately too much of this that consumers can't relate to looses effectiveness.

We manufactured power tools and of course had to include the prop 69 warning about "this product contains substances that are known to the state of California to cause cancer". full stop. This was in the instruction manual for an electric hand drill. No other information about what, where or how.

We would get emails and calls from our customers asking to explain. It was primarily the fact that the cover on the power supply cord was PVC and contained trace amounts of lead.

After awhile it is just like calling wolf and no one pays attention...even to the one that they should.

David

Here's a beach ball filled with warnings. Looks like a nice time at the beach, wouldn't you say?
633.jpg

Back