A Handy Addition

gr8legs

Active User
Rest In Peace
I'm always needing little bits of 'stuff' like an 8" piece of hookup wire or a 12" piece of cambric spaghetti insulation tubing and keep fumbling with a tape measure in one hand, the spool of material in the other and the loose end of whatever it is that I'm cutting in the other hand.

Oh yeah, right - I only have two hands.

Now I have found a solution - commercially available adhesive-backed measuring tapes that I stick wherever I find myself doing these measurements. You may say "Well, Duh" but it was a lightning bolt for me.

I figure I'll add 'left' and 'right' ones to the radial arm saw and maybe stick one on the platen of the sheet metal shear since the engraved lines are getting a bit dim. Other uses will no doubt present themselves.

Doing a web search I found several suppliers (MSC and McMaster both have them listed) and the one closest to me was also having a half-price overstock sale (I ordered what I hope will be a lifetime supply for me) - so if this might be useful to you, check it out: http://oregonruleco.com/Clearance.html

(I have no connection to them other than as a satisfied customer)

DSC02640.JPG DSC02641.JPG

Back