A Call for Beta Testers for a Lathe Electronic Edge Finder

I'd be interested. I am a small shop owner, and have work in the machine virtually constantly.

You would be an ideal beta tester if your machines have spindle resistances greater than 3 ohms. Please let me know off list.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick,

I guess I'm not an ideal beta tester. My kelvin meter was in my shop...

Here's the measurements FYI - Spindle to compound:

Lathe off: 0.12 ohms
Running at 360 RPM (rigged up a carbon brush): cyclical from about 120k to 170k ohms.

John

Rick,

I guess I'm not an ideal beta tester. My kelvin meter was in my shop...

Here's the measurements FYI - Spindle to compound:

Lathe off: 0.12 ohms
Running at 360 RPM (rigged up a carbon brush): cyclical from about 120k to 170k ohms.

John

You would be a good candidate for the Model 2 which can handle down to 0.01 ohms.

Thanks for checking,

Rick

Rick,
I'll get back to you on the measured resistance. I have 2 lathes to try it on. An Acer Dynamic 17 X 60 and a Monarch 16 X 54. I'll do some measuring.

Mark Cason and I have developed an edge finder that simply connects to many brands of lathes with no modifications to the machine and detects when the tip of the cutter comes in contact with the workpiece. Accuracy is better than +/- 0.0001".

Eventually it will be offered for sale by Mark's daughter. But for now we want to be sure it works reliably and has a good user interface. So we are enlisting beta testers to help us test it out.

You will receive a Lathe Electronic Edge Finder, Model 1. Mark Cason will cover the cost of the device plus shipping within the USA. You will also receive a draft of the user's guide from me via email.

In exchange, you must commit to using the LEEF at least 3 times a week starting in the week you receive it and ending when your results are consistently good. You must take detailed notes on your experience and email these notes to us within a day of each use. If the device fails to work as expected, we reserve the right to get it back for study and will ask you to take data from your lathe.

We also expect you to read each version of the user's guide and supply us comments and suggestions on making it better.

To qualify, you must have a lathe with a spindle resistance greater than 3 ohms. Details on how to take this measurement will be supplied upon request.

Thanks!

Rick Sparber

I would love to be a Beta tester, but I don't use my lathe (PM1236) nearly enough.

So could you please add me to the list of potential customers for when you're done with the Beta program and are putting it on the market. If you could PM me at that point, I'd much appreciate it.

Back