A/C # 9-14 Carriage Lock

Randall Marx

Registered
Registered
Hi Everyone
I looked through the Downloads section and could not find a drawing for the carriage lock used on my A/C 12x36, which uses the 5/8 leadscrew and single-piece saddle/apron. I don't know if those details matter for the part in question. I don't have the original part because it was replaced with a shop-made part by the previous owner. When rebuilding my lathe, I didn't really like the replacement lock, but figured it would work since it had been working. I then forgot about it. Tonight, the threads pulled out of said carriage lock while I was in the middle of a project. This project is now on hold until I can replace the part and I don't really want to wait of a replacement that I would have to order. Does anyone have a drawing for the carriage lock so I can make it fairly quickly and have it be correct? The one that failed did not fit entirely to my liking, so I don't wish to simply copy it. Please help if you can.
Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide.
-Randall Marx

Randall,

I just uploaded a PDF with dimensions taken off of two different factory locks. The PDF is in DOWNLOADS and is currently at the top of the list. It is actually in the Atlas/Craftsman folder or category under Atlas Lathe Drawings.

Back