A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

@Ischgl99

The septic system I own is my first and was there when I bought the property.
Your post is the first I've ever heard of the filter.
Thank you for the info. Not hobby metalwork, but very useful for me.
I'll check it out when I get back to that property.
You’re welcome, this is my first house with a septic system, and it has been a learning experience for me as well. I believe my septic guy said the filters were optional when most of the houses were built around me, but are now required to be installed here. Many people remove the filters instead of cleaning them, and the first septic company we used never even mentioned the filter was not there. I clean the filter each time I check the solids level in the tank, I would rather do a bit of maintenance than spent $20,000+ replacing a drainage field.

My septic system is a basic gravity fed system put in 30 years ago. I've had it pumped once only because my wife talked me into it. It functions perfectly.

My septic system is a basic gravity fed system put in 30 years ago. I've had it pumped once only because my wife talked me into it. It functions perfectly.
only once?
you have a holding tank..
those solids accumulate like gunk in the bottom.
if they get out to your leach field, it will clog the leach field and you will need a new system, it takes time, but its the way it works.
My dad didn't pump ours when I grew up, but we lived on a sand barge, underneath the soil was all sand.. it doesn't clog like clay or soil.

only once?
you have a holding tank..
those solids accumulate like gunk in the bottom.
if they get out to your leach field, it will clog the leach field and you will need a new system, it takes time, but its the way it works.
My dad didn't pump ours when I grew up, but we lived on a sand barge, underneath the soil was all sand.. it doesn't clog like clay or soil.
My soil is rock and sand. We have no clay at all. You could fill up a hole with water and it would be gone 10 minutes later.

Back