932m bolt holes

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Does anyone know if these a diagram anywhere with accurate mesurments on the for bolt holes on the mill base I don't see it in the manual I gather anywhere I would like to drill the holes in the stand before I put it on but don't want the holes to be off its not the easiest to move around once hoisted onto the stand thank for any help :) :) :)

Umahunter, IMO PM has the best Chinese machines, However, you can't depend on them to drill the base holes exactly the same on every base. I built the base for my 932 before it arrived, but waited until I had the mill and set it on my base and used some transfer punches that I made to locate the holes. That way I was sure the holes would be a perfect fit. Merry Christmas, and Happy Machining, JR49

Umahunter:
When I ordered my PM-833T last week I sent an email to Matt wondering the same thing. They sent a guy out into the shop and he drew up a diagram, which, ironically, is now posted under the "manual" section on his website for that particular mill. You might want to try the same approach, or just wait to drill the holes once it has arrived to ensure accuracy. I asked for the dimensions so I could actually start building my stand, not just for the holes.

I have a set of transfer punches. You could have borrowed them when you were here yesterday. If you have any larger size drill rod you can make one on your lathe and harden it yourself. If you don't have any drill rod you can make a single use one out of a piece of aluminum or steel you have laying around, and press a piece of broken end mill into the end. Then grind it to a shallow cone. A steep cone will likely break when you hit the rod. When you are done you can regrind the cone and you will have a very hard tipped scribe.

Just went to my 932m and measured 12.750 c2c across the front and 18.750 c2c down the side IIRC the bolts are a 12mm shank

Hope this may help you

Back