'93 Sporty 1200

Pretty sweet little Honda's. I had a friend that had a 305 Scrambler when they first came out in 67 I think. It was much better in the dirt than my 46' FL knucklehead, but the bad girls liked mine better.:grin: Mike

Gregg,
You must be hanging around the HOG owners group. That is where I found guys with that attitude and a 2 year old bike with 5000 miles on it. (hard core) Most of the older old school guys had sportsters in the 60s and 70s. big twins as I understand were considered your Dads bike. at least around Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit. 71 when the 1st super glides came out started the change.

Maybe it was the windshield that made them think it was a girls bike.:dunno:

Yep, and I doubt that those guys would call Sonny Barger's Sportster a "girls bike" to his face :)

Yep, and I doubt that those guys would call Sonny Barger's Sportster a "girls bike" to his face :)
Well I think a real biker respects that you ride and how you ride over what you ride. Hey I have had some imply the same about my Dyna dresser guy " my wife has a Superglide" Me "oh so she's the cool one in your family?" Old grey beards will more likely want to talk about what it has in it or the like. Just my observation.
Mark

Back