9 inch center rest modify to 10 inch.

cgcwmec627

Registered
Registered
Answered an ad for vises that included a south bend 9 inch telescoping center rest,the asking price was 10 dollars so naturally I bought it.After checking out the large wood working vise and agreeing on the price the gent asks me to look at some other lathe stuff,2 boring bars,a hand wheel collet closer, 2 face plates,mounting block for collet holder and an indicator for a 9 inch lathe carriage.I asked what he wants and he says "Just take them."
Apparently he has a large pile of various things from cleaning out his late father's houses before selling them and he is happy to pass this stuff along.Since I already bought some stuff he was glad to let me have some more.
Sometimes you find a great deal.

So my question is this,to fit the 9 inch center rest on my 10 inch south bend I need to make a riser.
Does anyone make these risers?Buying one would save time but I haven't seen anything online in my search so far.
Any info or pictures of a completed project would appreciated if you have them,thanks

you might be better off posting a trade ad - swap your 9" for a 10". Otherwise I'd glue on some ground steel bar of the right to the V and flat to raise it up 1/2".

Back