8x16 1.1kw mini lathe

fubar

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for technical plans for a 8.7x16 1.1kw chinese mini lathe to see if it fits a project I'm working on before I spend the $800 or so. if anyone has one, it would be greatly appreciated if you could fill in any of the following blanks (in metric preferably): headstock L/W/H, tailstock length, tailstock internal bore, spindle OD, spindle bearing OD, main bed ways width, bed casting length, apron casting L/W/H, cross slide dovetail angle & max width, bed center gap width, tailstock base L/W, and motor dia/L. Or of course if anyone has a set of technical drawings please drop a link. Thanks in advance!

Why not just buy one, measure it, find the factory defects (you will find some) then return it?
Or, it it happens to be a perfect example, keep it because the next one won't be
-M

Why not just buy one, measure it, find the factory defects (you will find some) then return it?
if this doesn't work, I will do just that, but I'd rather let this play out first, as shipping is $100, which would make for very expensive measurements.

Amazon...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I'm just funnin' with you of course Fubar but there is the fact that quality control of import machinery is very inconsistent
You can pretty much depend on that

I'm looking for technical plans for a 8.7x16 1.1kw chinese mini lathe to see if it fits a project I'm working on before I spend the $800 or so. if anyone has one, it would be greatly appreciated if you could fill in any of the following blanks (in metric preferably): headstock L/W/H, tailstock length, tailstock internal bore, spindle OD, spindle bearing OD, main bed ways width, bed casting length, apron casting L/W/H, cross slide dovetail angle & max width, bed center gap width, tailstock base L/W, and motor dia/L. Or of course if anyone has a set of technical drawings please drop a link. Thanks in advance!
Hello and welcome,

You certainly picked an interesting username for the question above....

If you look around on this site you'll find this is one purchase you really want to be careful with. If your intent is to purchase one of these machines and put it to work right away there's a good chance it will end with frustration. There are lots of folks on here with experience on these machines and general consensus it they are a kit at best, Little Machine Shop probably does them best but you'll pay a premium which is probably worth it.

Please post a description of the work you intend to do, preferably with pictures or drawings and you'll get lots of helpful answers here.

For reference, I purchased my current lathe, a 12 x 36 Taiwan built machine for $850 so your money definitely goes further on the used market.

Cheers,

John

hi, if you have access to solidworks there is a detailed assembly of a chinese mini lathe in "grabcad" in the library section type "mini-lathe-cx704" and you have it !if you do not, send me, the photos of the components and i will send you the plans in metric.

i think you are looking at the same lathe that i was thinking about buying, i decided against it because of the direct drive motor arrangement, but if you get one please share, i ended up buying a mx-600A, the ELS on that model (i'm guessing) would be nice but with the direct drive and the reviews indicating the quality of that company being even less than other chinesum lathes i decided to pass.

Little Machine Shop has some Lathes on sale.....

if this doesn't work, I will do just that, but I'd rather let this play out first, as shipping is $100, which would make for very expensive measurements.
Harbor freight has an 8X16 lathe in your price range that will be shipped to store for pickup saving you the freight and if it needs to be returned take it to the store....

Back