745 milling machine cleaning and repair

tpic402

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I know this has been asked before any better pictures or tear down manuals other than those from wells index, Anybody with pictures of there rebuild process. Grease in head of my mill has turned to hard muck and I am afraid to run and do damage(mill sat for 7-8 years unused)

Could not help myself took down to major components will post some pics asap . Lots of dried muck and about 2 handfuls of plastic shavings, several bad bearings

Funny... I just read your original post and was about to reply and then saw your second post...

Originally, I was going to say that sometimes, it's best to leave things alone if it's not broken -but in some cases, a little preventative maintenance goes a long way. Sounds like it benefited from a cleaning and now you know the condition of the guts. Good luck and I hope you're able to get it working up to snuff again...

Ray

I must apologize I started out taking pictures when I started but soon gave up, I still have to do the knee when it warms up I promise pics. as I to like them

Back