618 New To Me

Yes UT , good friend . But more like right place right time , he pretty much just wanted to get rid of it .

Here is the next phase . I got the metal stand at Harbor Freight , it's for their wood lathe and was a foot to long . It was cheap , and all I had to do was shorten up the bottom rails and bolt it together . Next job was the table top I got a piece of panel grade 3/4 Oak ply , I cut two planks for the top and glued them together then I squared it up and put on a edge of 1x2 solid Oak . Before starting this I had visions of it turning out stain grade but because I only have a skill saw it turned out paint grade haha . I'm happy with it though as the black lacquer turned out nice . I mounted the lathe and came up with the motor mount set up , I'ts temporary right now but I think it is going to be ok . Quickly It became obvious the old motor is not up for the job but I did get it running and made a few test cuts in some aluminum . It is amazing the finish it was producing . The next phase will be a new motor and the correct pulleys . Any how here she is .
DSCF2431_zpsw2wdmlvh.jpg
DSCF2434_zpsvgqxi3qi.jpg

Back