618/Craftsman change gear sleeves

ajp618

Registered
Registered
Hello,
New member, first post.
I have a Craftsman 101-214 6" lathe. It's new to me but missing some parts and I'm hoping someone can help with the dimensions of the hub and sleeve for the change gears.
I 3d printed some to get started and they work well enough but I wanted to make some out of aluminum. How did I make the 3D printed parts without dimensions? I did have the spacers, which gave me most of the dimension of the keyed hub (not the length), I know the bolt is a 1/4-20, and I know the width of two gears stacked, so I worked backwards to get mostly there. But there is so much slop in the gears that the base of the hub and it's length is a moving target, so I figure I should make it right and start with the same slop it's meant to have. M6-70 and 73 from the image below is what I need dimensions for.
Thanks!

Andy P
Craftsman 101-021400
MA

1612558628188.png

Looks like I spoke out of turn. See RJSakowski's post below: Oh and welcome to the forum!

Best Regards,
Bob

Last edited:
Hello,
New member, first post.
I have a Craftsman 101-214 6" lathe. It's new to me but missing some parts and I'm hoping someone can help with the dimensions of the hub and sleeve for the change gears.
I 3d printed some to get started and they work well enough but I wanted to make some out of aluminum. How did I make the 3D printed parts without dimensions? I did have the spacers, which gave me most of the dimension of the keyed hub (not the length), I know the bolt is a 1/4-20, and I know the width of two gears stacked, so I worked backwards to get mostly there. But there is so much slop in the gears that the base of the hub and it's length is a moving target, so I figure I should make it right and start with the same slop it's meant to have. M6-70 and 73 from the image below is what I need dimensions for.
Thanks!

Andy P
Craftsman 101-021400
MA

View attachment 354140
Atlas 618 Bushing.JPGAtlas 618 Sleeve.JPG
Here you are. The measurements taken from my well used machine and may vary from new parts.

Looks like I spoke out of turn. See RJSakowski's post below: Oh and welcome to the forum!

Best Regards,
Bob
Thanks Bob, Also good information.
I don't mind spending the time to make them and save a few bucks. Yes...the keyed bushing will be more challenging but I guess that's why we do these things!
Andy

Minor point and it has nothing to do with the parts in question, but your lathe's model number is probably:

which is the Craftsman lathe that is identical to the Atlas 618 except for badges.

Back