5hp 3 phase question

L

Lordbeezer

Forum Guest
Register Today
picked up a band saw with a a.o. Smith 5hp spl...230 v 5 wire motor.its powered by a tread mill controller and console.po said it worked before moving it a few hundred miles.has a much larger controller than a mc 60.has push button console.when powered up it flashes turn e stop knob..no knob.has a stop button..no voltage on tape type circuit board at stop button any ideas? Will post pictures tomorrow.was thinking(not good) that I could wire a pot into electronic ribbon going to console. Thanks to everyone here I have a very basic understanding of 3 phase..sorry for long post..thanks Phil

dependent on the circuit, the e stop will either be normally open or normally closed.
in my industry, e stops are normally closed switches.
it sounds like you may need to provide voltage to the estop circuit for function
pictures would help

Here's couple pictures. Thanks for your time..don't know where title came from..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

any chance of seeing the front of the panel?
was there an auxiliary E stop on the treadmill when it was assembled? maybe a weight operated switch?
do you still have the treadmill?
i'm gonna ask lotsa questions...

Why would someone use a expensive 220v treadmill control and console instead of vfd...ulma Doctor..your questions just posted on my phone..there was a micro switch inside one box with a led.screw driver holding it in..light is on anytime power is on.will take and send picture of control panel..never saw treadmill.bought in this condition .parents of po said they didn't know "code" to start it..all other buttons except the stop button have like a air pocket when pressed.be back with a picture. Thanks

Last picture is of the 5motor wires to controller

if there is a connection at J25 (display board) please take a photo

Back