5c Collet Blocks Set - Any Recommendations?

jjtgrinder

JJTGRINDER
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I would like to buy a 5C Collet Block Set. Are there any good sets that are made in Taiwan, Japan or the like as opposed to China? What should I look for?

I would like advise on a good "cam-type" 5C collet vise that is horizontal/vertical also.

The only thing that might not be made in China is the Lyndex set ~200, but you would have to double check, because several people has said Lyndex quality is not what it once was.

Collet blocks are not usually used for super high precision work. The Chinese set I have works just fine, nothing else I could have wanted besides a spanner wrench to tighten the collets, which was not included. After using a rod in the radial holes in the nut for a while, I purchased a spanner wrench to fit it for around $6. The small lever closer that came with the set seems only suitable for light work. If you have an aversion to Chinese tools because they are Chinese, well, I guess I understand that. The Chinese collet block set that I have are very good tools and do everything I expect them to do.

The Chinese collet block set that I have are very good tools and do everything I expect them to do.

thank you all, I'll go with chinese then.

Bob, where did you order the spanner wrench?

thank you all, I'll go with chinese then.

Bob, where did you order the spanner wrench?
The spanner I bought was from Enco. The part number was MG307-3640, actually a clearance sale p/n, it is now discontinued by Enco. Capacity is 3/4-2", it is 6-3/8" long overall, and it has a 3/16" diameter pin, 5/32" high to fit in the collet closer nut holes. It fits the nuts nicely. No brand name or country of origin on wrench...

My collet block set is branded Interstate.

Back