#5 brown and sharp end mills

Nobby

Registered
Registered
I am brand new machining as a boiler room service engineer my dropping off motors and pumps for repair to machine shops is the extent of my machining ability's. I am waiting for a PM25 mill and a PM 1030 lathe they should be here sometime aug. I was going to go with a set LMS machines with all the bells and whistles tooling included as this was all going into my basement, getting them down there by my self would be easy. But after reading and lurking in a lot of forums I decided to go with biggest I could afford and get into basement safely and build up tools for them as my skill level increases. So I took some advice I read in several forums and got some reconditioned or used end mills off eBay.

I have now sorted out these end mills mostly HSS into appropriate bends 2 flute, 4 flute double ended ect.. In the sorting I have found I have quite the collection of 3/8 brown and sharp tapered #5 end mills there are few ½ and smaller 0nes but mostly 3/8. my question is with my pm 25 mill R-8 taper is there a tool holder that will let me use these end mills or should I find a new home for them.

i haven't seen a R-8 to B&S5 adapter, but that doesn't mean someone has not made one.
unless you have a lot of B&S5 tooling, i'd consider finding new homes for them

if you are interested in trading the B&S5 stuff, i can trade you for modern tooling that would be more useable to you

That's what I mostly thought, went over inventory was wrong its mostly 7/16 here is break down with picture 1- 5/16, 3-3/8, 2-1/2,15-7/16. I do not know what the trade value is so send me your snail mail address and I,ll send them in one of those whatever you can fit in boxes. after inspecting them we can talk no sense in having tools sitting around you will never use and while I use eBay I hate PayPal so reselling them there will never happen. better to find a new good home were they will be used and they were really used as filler for the people selling lots I have more then enough to get m by for nowIMG_0173.JPG

Back