5.7n Ar Upper

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
To complement my 5.7N pistol, I am thinking about putting together an AR upper, I can crank out the barrel from a Green Mountain blank, but not having seen in the flesh, I struggle a little abnout the receiver and what needs to be done accommodate the 30/50 rolund mags on top.

Has anyone done one from scratch? Please chime in.

Thank you.

I built a AR platform for a 5.7 upper a few years back. Not from scratch but if I can help with questions let me know. The rifle shoots flat as hell and scary accurate. The rounds are hard to find and run a bit high around here, but what a neat round. Zero muzzle rise! The top mag mounting is not complicated. I can take photos and measurements, just let me know.
I prefer the 28 grain over the 40 as it goes through B.A.

Paco,

Thank you.

The rifle would be a great companion to the 5.7N pistol I usually carry. Plus, the pistol is the only one my wife is comfortable shooting, in grave situation she can back me up with it and I can grab the rifle. The 28 grain HP is a nice round, shot a few Javelinas with them and executed feral hogs we trapped with the same slug.

Photos and measurement would be great. How did you manage the BCG and the bolt for the spent case to eject downward?

nez

Nez,
For the spent casings, I gutted a Magpul PMAG and holds almost 100 spent casings without a mess to pick up. I'm working today, but I will pull the weapon out tomorrow and take detailed pictures and measurements. Again the upper is not scratch built. Its made by AR57, perhaps we can provide answers for your scratch build. Deadly accurate, mostly due to zero or near zero muzzle reaction. The other neat feature of the top mag design is the balance of a fully loaded AR57. A pleasure to shoot for sure.IMG_0014.JPGIMG_0015.JPG IMG_0016.JPGIMG_0017.JPG

Paco,

Thank you. Neat looking upper, like the idea of a gutted mag for brass catcher.

I will check out the AR57 web site and see what they have to offer in terms of parts.

nez

Got sidetrack cranking out barrels for our junior team getting ready for the shooting season. I did find the 5.45 barrel, Green Mountain has them

Yep, I saw the barrels at green mountain. Would love to see some kind of parts breakdown on the ar57, tried grabcad but no joy.

Lanham

Back