4x6 bandsaw

aametalmaster

Registered
Registered
I am on my 3rd 4x6 and no one prob cuts as much metal as i do on one. I cut the thousands of pcs of tubing for my ceilingtrains.com bridges as well as the wrought iron i need for my weld shop. Then there is the 4" round bar i need for my pulley making operation's. Great saws for the price...Bob

4x6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide brand & model? Have you always bought the same brand?

thanks

author=ptgord link=topic=39.msg676#msg676 date=1289001434
Can you provide brand & model? Have you always bought the same brand?

thanks

No, i am on my 3rd brand. I like the ones like in the pic with the stamped steel blade guides as i have had 2 of them. I don't like the cast iron guides but thats my preference. I don't think HF sells the one like in the picture and that one is my favorite. My buddy has a new one in the box i might buy his. I even may build my own as i have been gathering parts like gearboxes and other misc stuff. I will just make a bed and upper frame from sheetmetal prob 3/16 top and 1/4 bottom as i am a sheetmetal worker...Bob

+1 on that idea! A thread about building your own metal-cutting bandsaw would be super!

Best,

Nelson

I have a Boston Gear Box with a 27:1 ratio and i think that will be close enough. I have all the rest of the saw parts to build a saw from a junked 4x6 my buddy trashed i just need a bed and a top frame. Some of the parts i prob will re make in steel just to make them look better...Bob

Back