4" wide air vise on Ebay.. I just bought one and there is one left

Buffalo Bob

Active User
Registered
Used air operated vise 4" wide that fits perfectly on my Sherline milling plate. You will need to modify but it is a beauty. All aluminum with two precision bearing rods. Just got mine today about $25 delivered. More precision than I could make myself. Just drill and tap some holes. I'll send pix when I get it working. Only one left from this guy. FYI
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNUMATIC-MI...d=100102&prg=1140&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=400584557812&

I have posted pictures of the project in Shop Made Tooling if you want to check it out. And if you have any design ideas of how you could use it, please let me know?

I've been using my Sherline carbide fly-cutter with great success. In my outdoor stuff I have some diamond grit knife sharpeners which I used to put a small radius on the cutter end. That did it. As nice a finish on aluminum as I could want. So you don't need expensive stuff to sharpen or modify carbide. I'll keep you posted on the project.

DSCN0931.JPGDSCN0932.JPGDSCN0933.JPGDSCN0934.JPGDSCN0937.JPGDSCN0938.JPG

DSCN0931.JPG DSCN0932.JPG DSCN0933.JPG DSCN0934.JPG DSCN0937.JPG DSCN0938.JPG

That is interesting but I can only see it in a production environment.
Personally I like to "feel" how the part is being clamped.

Still not done. I am using the screw from a small woodworking vise and sorting the beast way to modify the vise for it. Have many neat components and thoughts but got waylayed. Basement sewer backed up into workshop area. Icky. Had the sewer cleaned out but the mess was too much for me. Called a disaster cleanup service and they removed damaged panels, wallboard, etc dumped the bad stuff and piled up stuff that was contaminated. Including small power tools, hand tools, steel and whatever was on the floor.

They power cleaned, sanitized and dehumidified the basement. Looks fresh and is safe. Can even play pool again. Ever use your pool table as a work surface? Long story short, along with new Washer & Dryer, sewer and cleanup will be probably $3,500 . The rest of the stuff we will toss. No insurance coverage for some reason. Heck of a month.
BB

I think I got the last one. I tagged it and watched it till it almost expired and picked it up for the same price you paid too. He did pack it well and shipped it pretty darn quick too. I need to clean mine up like yours and I will be good to go!!!

Bob

Back