Well out where I'm from, the birds just make their own houses, and it works too, as long as I don't turn on the porch light! Baked finch or if I'm not lucky, I could burn down my own house! This is one of the few birdhouses that I have (although this one is unintentional) seems to be totally squirrel proof. Dad gum critters just chew their way into most of the the ones that I built. This is the fourth year that this nesting site has been used, and for two years now one set of birds move in right after the previous occupants fledge.

Chuck the grumpy old guy

IMG_5664.jpg

Well out where I'm from, the birds just make their own houses, and it works too, as long as I don't turn on the porch light! Baked finch or if I'm not lucky, I could burn down my own house! This is one of the few birdhouses that I have (although this one is unintentional) seems to be totally squirrel proof. Dad gum critters just chew their way into most of the the ones that I built. This is the fourth year that this nesting site has been used, and for two years now one set of birds move in right after the previous occupants fledge.

Chuck the grumpy old guy
That's cool, I have had Robins do the same thing. Fun to watch them.

Hey Mike,

Nice looking birdhouse, your choice of materials(cedar) was good. Yea still working on the SB took it all apart , cleaned
and painted about 30% of it.
The staples in the birdhouse will be fine, But I wouldn't use wood glue(for outside use) if rain or dampness gets into it
the wood glue won't hold up. All the epoxies are water resistant. any way the Birdhouse looks good.
I'm in the process of selling my home here in NY, we had a bad summer HHH(Hot, Humid and Horrible)

Best Regards.............Kerry

Hi Kerry,
the birdhouse is a gift to my mother from my son and i,
it won't see the outside elements, but thank you for the useful information!
I hope things go smoothly in your relocation!
all the best
:)

hmmmm, first the garden planter, now a birdhouse... Getting to be a sawdust junkie.

Yes Sir, Dan
i bought a shopsmith that needed repair a couple years ago, made the repairs a year or better ago and i have the itch to use it.

the boy and i are working on another woodworking project- i'll post the pics when i'm finished
always glad to here from you!

Back