1958 Bridgeport Series 1 J Rebuild

nice job randy, thats one of the best looking bridgeports i've ever seen..

Randy, WOW nice work on the rebuild. I have toooooo many projects started that need to be completed before the boss will approve a mill purchase. ::thumbzup::

es una belleza , te felicito por los detalles , trabaja uno asi mas a gusto , realmente te quedo muy bien , estare pendiente de lo que publiques saludos desde Mexico

Wow! Randy, very nice job! You sir have set the bar very high.

I am smack dab in the middle of doing the very same thing to my 1967 J head. It's a look-alike cousin to yours. The only difference is that mine has the factory Tibon chromed ways and fortunately they all show very little wear.

I have saved all of your pics in "Randys BP" folder to provide a little inspiration during my build (ok, also to help show me where everything goes - lol).

How's she running?

Guy in Sacramento

Well Gang,
I made it, it's done. Well, the resto is finished, now come the mods. Sorry it took so long, but it was a busy summer. I am really pleased at how well it all turned out. This is one smooth running machine. Here are the photos to prove it. Enjoy.

Fantastic job on the restoration. Tell me how you polished the table and all of the dials and non painted surfaces. What did you use. I have a project about to begin and would like to go to school on your success.

DaaaammmMMMnnnNNnnn.....that's nice. I like the fact that you went ahead and added your own flair to it. I like machinery gray as much as the next guy, but your choice of colors really sets it apart, and it's still classy.

Your shop seems very similar to the gent who has a beautifully restored South Bend 16" with the U-Joint legs.....that wouldn't happen to be you? If so, great job on that one too! Both machines are desktop backgrounds on my PC. :drink:

Are you talking about this SB16? It belongs to Wyatt in MO.

SB16.jpg

DaaaammmMMMnnnNNnnn.....that's nice. I like the fact that you went ahead and added your own flair to it. I like machinery gray as much as the next guy, but your choice of colors really sets it apart, and it's still classy.

Your shop seems very similar to the gent who has a beautifully restored South Bend 16" with the U-Joint legs.....that wouldn't happen to be you? If so, great job on that one too! Both machines are desktop backgrounds on my PC. :drink:

SB16.jpg

That's the one....guess it was a different guy, sorry :) Still, both are very nice machines ;)

You're right, they are both gorgeous. If you need a larger photo of the SB16 for your desk top, I have some.

This is a great thread! I am in the middle of doing the same to my 1967 J head. The photos, along with the rebuild manual, are proving to be very handy to have around. Thanks for documenting your journey!

Guy
Go Navy!

That's the one....guess it was a different guy, sorry :) Still, both are very nice machines ;)

Back