• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

1940 Oldsmobile my day job. What's yours?

1965fb

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
What do you do all day? I am lucky enough to do what I love an currently one of my projects is a 40 Oldsmobile it was a really rough coupe but is coming along nicely. The painting part is wearing me out that is why I took up machining to add to my skill set an relieve stress. So far so good. 20170221_131043.jpg 20170221_131030.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FOMOGO

Active User
Well, I'm theoretically retired, but I seem to be doing way too much building & remodeling work the last few yrs. I normally do a lot of automotive stuff along the lines of what your doing, all aspects. The Old's is looking really good, I know what a long road it can be getting to that point. I see we are both FB fans. Cheers, Mike

Sandia

Active User
Good looking ride in the making. Like the color, " if it ain't red, it ain't a hotrod "

1965fb

Well, I'm theoretically retired, but I seem to be doing way too much building & remodeling work the last few yrs. I normally do a lot of automotive stuff along the lines of what your doing, all aspects. The Old's is looking really good, I know what a long road it can be getting to that point. I see we are both FB fans. Cheers, Mike
Indeed I have a great 65 that I love and will never let go. On my passing it goes to my daughter.

1965fb

Thank you for the complements I appreciate them. I have worked a couple of months getting this turd ready for paint what a pain. chassis is mostly done it sits just right. I post up more pics.

682bear

I'm currently working on a 1951 Ford F2... 3/4 ton long bed truck.

As I bought it...

20160823_115041.jpg

I am doing a frame- off restomod... installing a 302 v8, AOD transmission, power steering, and power disc/drum brakes.

I'm in the middle of doing the body work on the cab, I had to replace the passenger side cab corner and both rear corners...

20170125_134150.jpg

I've got the chassis mostly finished...

20170105_144601.jpg

And I'm installing a '69 Mustang gas tank under the bed...

20170301_094904.jpg

It's keeping me busy...

-Bear

1965fb

Its not the painting that wears me out, its the prep work. Looks great! What type of paint did you use and whats the color?
I have been down with the flu and have not been on in a bit..I use DuPont for the most part I get great pricing thru oreillys high solids 465 clear its 2 to 1 and very nice product for the price the color is my own house red really its the straight tint with only a few grams of maroon to lesson orange a bit.
Thanks DK

38Bill

I have been down with the flu and have not been on in a bit..I use DuPont for the most part I get great pricing thru oreillys high solids 465 clear its 2 to 1 and very nice product for the price the color is my own house red really its the straight tint with only a few grams of maroon to lesson orange a bit.
Thanks DK
My truck is a single stage PPG "Cherry Red" and I know what you mean about the orange. Under artificial lighting mine can look pumpkin orange.

Container Above bottom breadcrumb