16R or 4R graduations for a combination square set?

Bob, Do you remember if the stuff you bought from HJE was advertised as blemished?

Looking at the prices, yes PEC is more attractive from a cost perspective.

Do you think the Starrett squares are no longer made in the US?

I bought a 12 inch steel ruler with 1/10ths graduations, thinking this would be the best thing since sliced bread. Used it once or twice, now grab the Mititoyo fraction ruler all the time.

Greg

Yes, I bought blemished tools. On the double square, no issues are noticed by me. On the 12" blade, the brand name has been removed half halfheartedly, still easy to read. Cannot find any flaws I care about. Easy to read, satin chrome as good as the Starrett blades. WAY cheaper than a new Starrett, and IMO just as good.

I bought a 12 inch steel ruler with 1/10ths graduations, thinking this would be the best thing since sliced bread. Used it once or twice, now grab the Mititoyo fraction ruler all the time.

Greg
I use the tenths inch scale fairly often, when working with decimal inch call outs. The 50th inch scale is used rarely, but is useful, and the 100th inch scale is too stupidly small to be useful at all with my poor old eyes.

Back