16” South bend lathe back-gear pop-out

I knew that. sometimes us old guys like to be crabby, and sometimes nitpicking... I didn't assume that it travelled that way, if it did we would have been talking about something else totally. :oops:

Yeah, like how to repair cracked lathe ways. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

…and if you’re criticizing the way my lathe was secured to the trailer I hauled it on… #1: the lathe was secured with other straps as well, (I had already removed some of the straps by the time I took the picture). #2 if you assume that the strap that was tied to the lathe handwheel was a way to secure the lathe to the trailer, then I’m sorry you’re making that assumption. It was, in fact a way to keep the loose strap end from flapping around in the wind, getting tangled around the trailer wheels, winding itself around the axles, snapping the strapping, jackknifing the trailer, wrecking the lathe, and causing damage to the truck and trailer, and personal injury to the driver and passenger. #3 this lathe traveled on highways and back country roads over 100 miles from Gloucester, Massachusetts to Westminster, Vermont with no issues, and no damage whatsoever. FYI
Nope, none of those things.

Back