16 inch L21 harrison lathe gearbox removal

rabbit16

Registered
Registered
hello there this my first time trying to attach pictures so if they come across in some other language please forgive me. i have this nice 16 inch harrison lathe and i want to take the gearbox off to inspect and clean the coagulated oil off everything in there. problem is after disconnecting the lead screw and drive rod from the right side and the gear quadrant from the left side and those three pesky alignment pins and loosening off the front nuts that bolt the headstock down and of course the 5 bolts that thrubolt the gearbox to the headstock the gearbox is not budging at all as i trepidiciously pound a 1 inch chisel into the crack on the right side. the left side of the gearbox is overlapped by about 3/4 inch as well as the top of it also. has anyone had experience with this sort of thing before?
:nervous:

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Taking old machinery apart can be a Chinese jigsaw puzzle. This post is to mark it for when you figure out how to do pics.

have you asked them for a manual?
http://harrisonlathe.com/index.html
Karl

hi karl thank you for the sympathy and the link to harrison proceeding carefully glc

view of left side.jpg

Back