15 HP Rotary Phase Converter

Hi Walter
How can I open the link you posted above?
Thanks for you consideration

We lost a lot of stuff in the ''Big Crash'' a few years ago. That thread may have been one of the casualties.

There are a number of other rotary phase converter threads, or feel free to start a thread to ask questions.

I Built a PRC 25 years ago with a 15HP Lincoln Electric motor, it requires 770 mfd to start and 440 mfd to run. Another trick I learned when I built a 40 HP RPC, I start the 15 HP first and let it start the 40 HP then shut the 15 HP off. This is for my wide belt sander only. The 15 HP runs my whole shop of Jointer, Planer, 16 inch table saws, 16" radial arm saws. with the largest motor being 7.5 HP. Hope this helps.

Finally, the generator motor, from a properly designed RPC, is not just a "salvaged three phase motor with its shaft cut off" They have specially designed rotors that will make sure that the three phase power being produced is as good or better than the power that the utility company can provide.

can you explain the "Specially Designed Rotor" that makes power as good or better than the power company???

Back