1340GT chambering barrel

Sendit

Registered
Registered
Looking at getting 1340gt lathe to chamber barrels. I want to use high pressure coolant through the muzzle toward the breech. My concern is getting coolant back to the pump since the 1340gt doesn't have a coolant tank like the 1440gt

Does anyone run their lathe like this?

Maybe put a drain in the tray and use an external coolant tank?

Curious how your going to seal high pressure coolent in the muzzle end while turning

The 1340GT trey comes with a screen and a drain nipple in the back of the trey. You can purchase a low pressure coolant pump with tank for the machine as an option. This comes with a coolant switch which is missing on the stock machine. The high pressure through the barrel is a completely different type of system, there are some postings about what others have been butting together, they usually will use a HP hydraulic pump,

Curious how your going to seal high pressure coolent in the muzzle end while turning

Not hard..tap the muzzle 1/8 npt. Use a rotary union. Gunsmiths have been doing it this way for many many years.
The 1340GT trey comes with a screen and a drain nipple in the back of the trey. You can purchase a low pressure coolant pump with tank for the machine as an option. This comes with a coolant switch which is missing on the stock machine. The high pressure through the barrel is a completely different type of system, there are some postings about what others have been butting together, they usually will use a HP hydraulic pump,

yes factory cooling is not going to work. Most use 0.5- 2 hp pump but depends on pressure they want to run. Some like 30 and others like close to 100.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/gunsmithing/chambering-presssure-flush-system-277752/

I physically haven't put my hands on a 1340gt, have a 1440gt though.

Back