110 motor wiring help

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
I have a 110 volt motor I want to put on a bandsaw I'm getting ready to sell. The motor has a block on the side wit a 2 blue wires going to it and 2 brown wires going to it terminals are marked D1, K1, D2, K2 I have used this motor before and believe it to be still running but I can't get it going. I wired the chord white to orange, black to red using D1 & K1 and of course green to ground. I did the same to D1 & D2 with nothing happening. Is motor bad or am I doing this wrong? There are no schematics on the motor anywhere.

motor wiring (1).JPG motor wiring (2).JPG

Mr. Davidson:

Looks like a european set up to me. Dual voltage motor is my guess, split phase so has rather low starting torque. This is all an educated guess or a SWAG. Your call.

Lets try putting a jumper from D1 to K1 and connecting the black power wire here. Next jumper D2 to K2 and connect the white neutral wire from the 120v source.

Since this is a guess, just bump the power to the motor by plugging/unplugging the cord end rapidly. If all is well it will try to start. If there is a problem it will tell you!

Now get that saw piling up the SWARF again!

Mr. Davidson:

Looks like a european set up to me. Dual voltage motor is my guess, split phase so has rather low starting torque. This is all an educated guess or a SWAG. Your call.

Lets try putting a jumper from D1 to K1 and connecting the black power wire here. Next jumper D2 to K2 and connect the white neutral wire from the 120v source.

Since this is a guess, just bump the power to the motor by plugging/unplugging the cord end rapidly. If all is well it will try to start. If there is a problem it will tell you!

Now get that saw piling up the SWARF again!

So what you are saying is hook the first orange/red together & to black second orange/red to white? Will the magic smoke come out?

Yes, what I am saying in another way. D1-D2 is one winding. K1-K2 is another winding. You should have continuity from D1 to D2, and from K1 to K2. Hook them in parallel for 120v and in series for 240v. Is this a better explanation?

Back