10F Cast Iron Legs Feature Confusion

rfdes

Active User
Registered
I've notice that on the cast leg section that supports the motor/countershaft, there are three mounting holes.
The lower mounting hole has a large threaded insert with a tapped hole. I am not sure
of the purpose of this threaded insert. It appears as a tweek adjustment for the countershaft
assembly but I don't understand how to use it.

Would someone please explain the purpose of this feature and how it is to be used?
Thanks
Jim

I do not know about the legs having such a hole. Mine did not have any. The bed HAD a hole under the headstock for part 10-112 stud. This is used to hold the vertical countershaft with 2 of 9-121 brace to hold the motor in position. This hole is not used with the horizontal countershaft setup.
Pierre

mine has the three holes as you described but the one is not adjustable the whole works just bolts up to those three holes I can take a picture if you would like..

Mine has the same threaded insert that fits into one of the holes and it can be tweaked, as you say, to make adjustments to the countershaft. I'm not sure what the correct procedure is, but I was able to adjust that nut in order to align the countershaft.

Last edited:
Back