103 Pcs Ce-johansson Gauge Blocks

Micke S

Active User
Registered
I came across a CE-Johansson 103 pcs Gauge Block kit. It is made in 1972 and the blocks have never been used. I don't think the company exists anymore but the same type of kit in the same precision class from Mitutoyo retails 6 thousand dollars here. I gave 70 dollars :geek:

CEJ Gauge Blocks.JPG

Micke, i mean this in the friendliest of ways...
nice haul and,
:you suck:

WOW!, nice score i'm very happy for you!:D

Thank you Mike, yes I'm almost chocked myself about this great find. Original packing and documentation and never used, incredible.
It is a grade 1 kit, calibration (AA): (tolerance +0.10 μm to −0.05 μm) used to calibrate inspection blocks and very high precision gauging

Congratulations, that is one excellent find! Perhaps one day, I will be blessed with a find like that!

I came across a CE-Johansson 103 pcs Gauge Block kit. It is made in 1972 and the blocks have never been used. I don't think the company exists anymore but the same type of kit in the same precision class from Mitutoyo retails 6 thousand dollars here. I gave 70 dollars :geek:

View attachment 131800
I'll give you $80 for it and you can turn a profit?
8^)

Last edited:
Fantastic score!!! That price would have been a STEAL even for a new non-Chinese B grade set. You really came up a winner with the one you got!

Who knows ... maybe you can get a good deal on a B grade set (better suitable for shop use) and make a sweet profit by selling the A grade. But then, just HAVING an A set with that name is a wonderful point of pride.

Thank you guys !

The person who sold it was retired recently and lives close to me but in an old but big and beautiful estate at a central location in the town. I guess he didn't need to starve. I asked why he would sell it and was told he didn't work anymore since the company, which he part-owned closed down. He and the other owner had split the good stuff and took it with them as he said. I'm not sure this is the complete story since he should have known that this set has a much higher value, or he just didn't care. I asked if he had more metrology or machinery stuff but was told he had sold some and just dumped a lot. So there was nothing more to get and the ignited dream on the way to him, to find a gold mine and fill the car with first class pieces, didn't come thru.

But I can live with it since I got a gem in the tooling domain.

Last edited:
Back