101 change gears

Bluedxj,

I would guess it fairly likely that a 9-gear set listed on eBay is probably missing the second 32 tooth gear.

I just uploaded into the Atlas/Clausing Downloads folder the exploded view parts list for the 101.07403, 101.27430 and 101.27440. It's a small PDF file and won't take long to download. You can get the list of gears in the Change Gear Set off of it. I have an earlier list just on the 07403 but it and all earlier model lists are just lists with one photo showing all of the parts spread out loose on a bench. And the quality of the photo is in general pretty poor.

Robert D.

Jeff,

If your blue machine still has its original nameplate with model number and serial number, could you say what they are? I don't think I've ever seen the Craftsman model number in print.

Robert D.

sorry mines a 12x36 with no quick change infact its missing most of the change gears for threading and im looking to pick up a set on ebay just wanted to make sure the set was complete most sets ive seen on ebay were 9 or 10 gears.

I just checked the change gears I have. Make sure you get .750 (3/4) bore with .1875 (3/16) wide double key ways. The 6" gears are .500 (1/2) bore with .125 (1/8)double key ways.
20, 24, 32 x2 , 36, 40, 44, 46, 48, 52, 54, 56 & 64 are the tooth count. I purchased most at once and had to purchase some of the others one at a time as I ran across them.

Jeff,

If your blue machine still has its original nameplate with model number and serial number, could you say what they are? I don't think I've ever seen the Craftsman model number in print.

Robert D.

Sorry Robert but I didn't get that. The lathe was purchased as seen in that picture plus another three jaw chuck with OD grip jaws. I've since aquired the change gears, a 4" four jaw chuck, face plate, 3/8" drill chuck plus quite a few tooth holders. I also came across the end cover with the gear change plate on it.

I haven't used it at all since I got my Monarch 12 CK ( for some odd reason :thinking: ) and probably should sell it.

Jeff,

OK. And I made a mistake, anyway. When you posted your initial note and the photograph, you said Atlas. When I wrote my question I was thinking that you said Craftsman. But realized later that we have two threads running in this one thread and the subject implies Craftsman.

Perhaps a collector will turn up interested in your 918. It's the sort of thing I would have been interested in in years past. I have the last Atlas model and the first model would be a good companion. But besides not really having space for it, with the economy about to start its fifth year of steady decline I couldn't afford it now anyway.

Robert D

Robert,
No problem with the mixup. I don't have the original nameplate anyway.

If somebody's interested in it, that would be great. It's in good shape for a 80 year old machine but it is 80 years old.
Jeff

Back