I've heard that Matt has given some fairly nice discounts to his customers, explain to him your need (and why) and your experience with Grizzly, I bet he'll help you out. Call him on the phone.

Do you think hes there now or have to wait until tomorrow, I dont know how big of an operation he has. I really liked all the standard and metric threads the 4003g cut hope he has something comparable

Dog
If you do decide to go with grizzly I would go with the g0776.
Papa griz hangs out on some gun forums. I cant remember which ones, but look around when you find him ask him about your situation. Maybe some of the gunners on here will know which ones and point you in that direction.
I have seen him answer questions from people who were civil to him on the shooting forums. Folks that have met him seem to have a good opinion of him so its worth looking into.
Now I am not necessarily taking up for grizzly but being a very big business with employs and stores in several states
I can see where he would have a hard time keeping his fingers on every thing.
He will only know what he is told or finds out from customers.

My parents owned 3 business at one time and it was a full time 24/7 365 hair pulling nail biting screaming cussing and that was just my mom doing all that lol

As another disabled Vet, take your time and look, get something that fits and you like. It is bad that some people working the phones for companies do not do what they say, or check with supervisors and get clearance. Believe me, I have had the same treatment, but not with the lathes, From what I am read on this site, people are real happy with Mat, and the ones he sells are good. And they take care of problems etc. In fact if I can get bigger stuff one day I will be looking at the PMs But I know that you have to take and make sure you get something you can use comfortably. Some positions cause problems and you need to get at. Oh, I do hold grudges with businesses because of employees as I have refused to do stuff with some and have not been back since, and try to keep others from going there as well.

I friend of mine spend a year looking at all the import junk including running them, he finally bought a EMCO V10P and has been extremely satisfied with it, and its made in Austria(german quality). Additionally Grizley bought the rights to South Bend lathe parts and charges $25 to xerox a copy of the original 3X5 card of the factory build record. That alone goes against the grain in my opinion. I have another friend who has a Emco Super 11 lathe and I have a 13X40 V13P that has been an outstanding lathe for 25 years and its as good today as when I got it. Just remember my coines phrase ( IF YOU LOVE HER-LUBBERR HER). ( SSN and SSBN VET.)

If your not to far from Ohio ,there are quite a few machinery dealers there. Get on line and ck there inventory , they may have a nice used machine to fill your needs. Lots of really well made US made lathes , if I were looking I'd try to find one from somewhere other then china. The emcos are nice ck them out. Sweden made machines are usually well made also.

That 1340GT is in another league.... Far above the Grizz g4003G

I went through 3 motors on my G4003G .... First one caused bad vibrations and the second 2 squealed . anyhow. I still have the Machine , I bought a 3 phase motor and added a VFD. Total new machine.

If i had to do it all over again tomarrow .... it would probably be a 1340GT.....

Go with Matt... great guy

Lets just say he's currently considering a lathe that weighs over 4,000 lbs :disillusion:

Back