WTB 10”-ish lathe, west NV / central CA

tcooper27

Registered
Registered
Hi all,

I’m on the search for my first lathe, looking for something like a SB 9A or 10k or similar Logan or other brand with power crossfeed and a qcgb. Imports are ok too as long as they have those amenities.

I’m starting from scratch so the more tooling the better. I’m mostly making parts to fix up my old woodworking machines to start with and don’t require super tight tolerances so a bit of wear is OK. 3ph is fine, I already have a VFD sitting around.

Welcome to the forum. We love to help people spend their money.

Use Searchtempest. It will search all of Craigslist within whatever mileage range you want. Also check the craigslist add forum. Forum member MrWhoopee posts stuff on there all the time that would be within driving range from Reno.

Welcome to the forum. We love to help people spend their money.

Use Searchtempest. It will search all of Craigslist within whatever mileage range you want. Also check the craigslist add forum. Forum member MrWhoopee posts stuff on there all the time that would be within driving range from Reno.
Thanks! I've actually been looking about six months or so now, both on CL and Facebook. Mr Whoopee's posts have been a lot of help and I usually check them daily just in case I missed something. I've seen a few come and go that would have been great but between work and having to borrow a truck they've all been gone before I could get there.

My hope for this post is if a member in the area is interested in selling they might let me know before it hits the open market.

Check out West Auctions and Precision Warehouse. They frequently have lathes that come up for auction.

Back