10 inch hook & loop sanding disc?

epanzella

Active User
Registered
Is there a reason why all the 10 inch sanding discs happen to be adhesive backed? I would like to change grit size without throwing a good disc away. Can my 10 inch disc sander be converted to hook and loop?

If the sanding disc comes off in one piece you can use spray adhesive to reattach the disc. Just remember to put some wax paper over the back of the disc when you take it off. Friends of mine who worked on boats doing paint and varnish always bought regular sandpaper and used spray adhesive to attach it to the disc. Saves a lot of money especially compared to the cost of hook & loop sanding discs.

I wondered the same thing about converting the 8" disc on my Jet 2x42.....why don't you see it being done? Pretty much everyone gave me the same answer, the H&L disc could go flying. Might be fine for light duty use. The thread when I asked here on this forum: PSA to H&L Conversion

One member gave me the idea to buy a spare backing disc which I thought was a great idea so I bought 2 spares. Now I have 3 discs that I keep different grits on & swap them out when I need. Simply to change on my Jet.

Back