10-428 Motor Pulley needed

MHW

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Is there a source for a Atlas Craftsman 10-428 2 step motor pulley. I am new to all of this forum stuff so this may have been asked already.

Ebay might be your best bet, I think Clausing only sells thru Fastenal outlets in California
-Mark

There is a seller on Ebay that sells reproduction parts. I haven't purchased anything from them myself and I have no connection to them. The reproductions are a bit pricey but so are used ones when you can find them. I don't see any 10-428 pulleys currently listed but the seller's username is joelr7052.

P.S.
If you are a donating member here you have access to the downloads section which includes a drawing for the 10-428 should you be inclined to make your own .

Last edited:
thank you for your help. I saw the one listing on E bay and it is sold but will try to contact the seller. Went to a local shop and they said they could make for about a hour of labor $106.00. cant runt the unit to make now as a part of the pulley ear is missing and vibrates badly.

I'm sure another one will show up soon- Atlas parts sometimes come in waves
-Mark

You might try calling Clausing. They will ship to PA, I don't know about CA. They still carry a lot of parts for Atlas lathes and mills, and their prices are not too bad. That pulley is common to many Atlas products, so it is something Clausing might have.

I made my own out of 6061. It was not difficult. There are drawings in the downloads section.

@MHW: Clausing will not ship directly to California, but they have agents that will. Here's who I used: Steve at Machinery Trade Center. Email: scashion@machtrade.com. Phone: (661) 775-7745. He is local to me, but if you call Clausing, they can send you a list of agents near you, if that matters. I couldn't find mine or I would have uploaded it for you. I'm sure anyone will ship to you. I found Steve to be helpful and good to talk to.

Thank you to everyone for chiming in. I will contact Clausing to see if they have the part next week.

You could use most any correct diameter single pulley on a temp basis to run the lathe and make your own.
You just wouldn't have full access to all the different speed combinations.

Back