$1 Pexto Plumbers Wrench Scrapyard Rescue :)

mattthemuppet2

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
went looking for a scrap treadmill at the scrapyard the other day. Didn't find one, but did find a rusty plumbers wrench next to a pile of bolts. Also found a couple of nice chunks of alu (1 1/2 x 2 x 4 or 5in) and an alu heatsink. $1 for wrench, $1 for the alu :)

didn't think to take a before picture, but here it is after a night in the electrolysis tank, a bit of wire wheel work and some shims to take up the slack in the moveable jaw.

IMG_4874.JPG

jaw opens 2 1/4in and is 1 1/2in deep. Don't know what I'll use it for, but it'll probably come in handy at some point. I'll also make a couple of wooden inserts for it at some point. I'm just happy to have saved a workable tool from the crusher :)

thanks, it was a gem in the rough :) Went back and got a 10in v pulley for $4 that I'm planning on using in a power hacksaw build. I think "local scrapyard" has to be a requirement for wherever we live next!

Very nice cleanup. Now you need to make wood handle inserts to finish the job :)

Nice wrench, has a great finish. Looks like it may have been used to adjust the Doppler modulation on the combustulator drive on Flash Gordons spaceship. Mike

Very nice cleanup. Now you need to make wood handle inserts to finish the job :)

thanks! some handles are planned, just have to build a bench sander first :)

Nice wrench, has a great finish. Looks like it may have been used to adjust the Doppler modulation on the combustulator drive on Flash Gordons spaceship. Mike

it's been used hard but it'll be a handy thing to have around. flash gorden, now that brings back memories! i shall henceforth be known as Matt the Merciless. mwah ha ha!

Back