1 HP single phase wiring

Having a ground wire is THE most important wire for motor wiring, in my opinion. "IF" something happens to a motor winding, you want somewhere for the electrical energy to easily go, so it can trip a breaker or fuse, making the machine safe. Motors usually mount on an adjustment plate of some sort, with bolts through painted, and maybe oily joints. Not a reliable (read SAFE) grounding path.

Ruben
very true,
i might add, if there is a line to line short, the breaker would trip just as easily grounded or not.
the safe way is the best way, i do concur in that.
mike:))

Thank you for the responses. Sorry for the confusion. I will wire it this way to check the motor and come back with any questions I may have. I will be adding a switch once it is on the machine, so will need some direction. There is always a wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks again.

we'll see how she goes..
just be ready to cut off supply power, if necessary, should the motor sound funny upon start up.

i did find another diagram for an old motor i worked on years ago.
i was able to locate the drawing i made for myself.

if your motor doesn't run as planned, don't worry we'll get you wired up in a jiffy

I wired it up and plugged it in. Runs just like it should and sounds good. The bearings sound a little dry, so I will have to figure that out. I am also going to add a switch to it tomorrow. Should be fairly straight forward. Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow I will have this thing ready to go. Thanks, I will let you know if I need any more help.

SWEET!!!! GLAD TO HEAR IT RUNS!!!!:phew:
MOTOR BEARINGS ARE USUALLY EASY TO CHANGE OUT!!

let me know if you need any more help!

Back